Vinton County WIC 
What is WIC?

WIC is a special supplemental food program for pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants and children up to age five. WIC provides nutritious supplemental foods, nutrition education as well as breastfeeding education and support, immunization screening, and referrals to other health and human services. These services are provided during critical times of growth and development to improve the health status of our families. Give you and your family a healthy start on life, choose WIC today!

Also, if you are receiving any public assistance you may also be eligible for WIC even if you are over these guidelines. Check it out.

Income Guidelines:

EFF 7/1/2019


WIC Breastfeed - WIC Breastfeed

Economic Unit





$23,107 $1,926 $445


$31,284 $2,607 $602


$39,461 $3,289 $759


$47,638 $3,970 $917


$55,815 $4,652 $1,074

                  **Contact WIC for guidelines if you have more than 5 in your family.

How to Apply for WIC

To apply, make an appointment with WIC (see contact information at bottom of page).

  • Proof of address: (WIC reminder card, drivers license, utility bill). 

  • Proof of income: (Medical card, current check stubs, unemployment benefit stub, Social Security benefits statement, child support). 

  • Proof of Identification: (birth certificate, crib card, drivers license, passport, Social Security card, shot records, Medical card). 

  • If pregnant, proof of pregnancy (statement signed by doctor or nurse). 

  • After you get your WIC ID card, please bring it to all future appointments. 

Ask the WIC office if you should bring anything else when you make your appointment.

Enrollment and Screening Forms

Resources available: Free Nutrition Education is provided to WIC participants as well as a monthly playgroup with a nutritional snack


Vinton County promotes breastfeeding as normal and natural infant feeding choice.  Breastfeeding provides healthy, nutritional, economical and emotional benefits to mother and baby.

Resources available to Vinton County WIC participants: breastfeeding education classes, support and supplies

For more information or help with breastfeeding contact us:

Audrey Karshner, DTR, Health Professional

Sharon Webb, WIC Support Staff

Joni Dickinson, Breastfeeding Peer Helper, CLS (Certified Lactation Specialist)

Paula Grunkemeyer, WIC Director, DT, CLC (Certified Lactation Counselor)

Internet Nutrition Education

Would you like to do your nutrition education on the Internet? If so, log on to www.wichealth.org and follow the instructions. It's easy, it's fun, and it's convenient. Call the WIC Office for more information.

Paula Grunkemeyer, WIC Director: wicvinton@odh.ohio.gov

Phone: 740-596-4171 or 1-800-596-5233

Fax: 740-596-4720

This is a service of the Vinton County Health Department

English Nondiscrimination Statement – Effective December 22, 2015
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

 (1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture,

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

 (2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or

 (3)        email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider